● Establish more than 60 GAP planting (breeding) bases for traditional Chinese medicinal materials such as notoginseng, erigeron breviscapus, gastrodia elata, paris polyphylla and dendrobium to create a "Home of Yunnan Medicines".
● Develop a series of health food and domestic cosmetics with such functions as resisting oxidation, losing weight, enhancing immunity, assisting in improving memory and caring skin using characteristic biological resources in Yunnan such as notoginseng, gastrodia elata, coix seed, poria cocos, spirulina, maca, moringa oleifera, tea and flowers as raw materials.
● Set up a number of health care parks in such tourist cities as Kunming, Jinghong and Lijiang, such border cities as Ruili and Hekou and such cities with advantageous and characteristic resources as Wenshan and Pu'er.
● Focus on Yunnan Baiyao's toothpaste, Morre Garden's health products, spirulina, haematococcus pluvialis, notoginseng and other health products to create a number of brand products and competitive products with Yunnan characteristics with sales revenue over CNY 1 billion.
● Accelerate the development of traditional Chinese medicine decoction pieces with Yunnan characteristics to form more than 10 traditional Chinese medicine decoction piece manufacturing enterprises and more than 100 brands.
● Establish specialized research and development centers for plant extraction technology in Kunming, Yuxi, Chuxiong and other cities to develop new products made of plant and animal extracts.
To follow the strategic positioning of "building Yunnan into center driving the development of South and Southeast Asia" proposed by Chairman Xi Jinping during his visit to Yunnan in 2015, based on advantages of Yunnan, it is to strive to develop vigorously 8 major industries, i.e., biomedical and great health industry, tourism and cultural industry, information industry, logistics industry, modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics, new material industry, advanced equipment manufacturing industry, food and consumer goods manufacturing industry.
In 2017, Yunnan issued the Opinions on Promoting the Development of Major Industries, and is to strengthen and improve traditional pillar industry, promote the development of major industries, accelerate the formation of new industrial cluster, and forge a new engine for provincial economic growth. Yunnan will set aside about 50% of provisions for development of industries subject to provincial financial supporting and all new investment to support the development of major industries in centralized manner. According to the concept of "one fund for one industry", Yunnan will set up funds and introduce social capital for development of major industries.
Major headway has been made in cultivation of eight major industries in Yunnan. "Working plans" for biomedical and great health industry, information industry, new material industry and advanced equipment manufacturing industry, as well as 10 measures for development of modern logistics industry have been provided. The logistics industry has developed rapidly. The information industry, and the food and consumer goods manufacturing industry have become 100 billion-level industries. The iterative industrial system of "traditional industry + pillar industry + emerging industry", aimed at "openness, innovation, high-end orientation, informatization and greening", has been basically formed, injecting great vigor into the smooth and healthy development of economy in Yunnan.
The main operating revenue of major industries has increased significantly. The main operating revenue of biomedical and great health industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 23.3%. The main operating revenue of information industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.2%. The gross revenue of tourism and cultural industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 41.3%. The gross revenue of logistics industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.9%. The total output value of modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics has seen a year-on-year growth of 7.8%. The main operating revenue of new material industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 30%. The main operating revenue of advanced equipment manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 21%. The main operating revenue of food and consumer goods manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 15.9%.