● Focus on the construction of high-end equipment manufacturing bases in Kunming, Qujing, Yuxi, Honghe, Chuxiong, Dali and other prefectures and cities and exported mechanical and electrical product processing bases in Dehong, Baoshan, Wenshan and other prefectures and cities on the basis of strengthening of Central Yunnan, development of border areas, radiation to South Asia and Southeast Asia and scientifically planning of industrial layout.
● Build truck and export-oriented parts bases in Dali Prefecture, new energy passenger car, bus and engine bases in Kunming City, light truck and MPV production bases in Qujing City, light truck, pickup truck, minibus, SUV and export-oriented motorcycle bases in Dehong Prefecture and new energy passenger car bases in Chuxiong Prefecture.
● Plan and lay out the advantageous and characteristic equipment manufacturing in the province by taking Kunming and other Central Yunnan cities as the centers. Build a large railway maintenance machinery base in Kunming Economic and Technological Development Zone, and support the construction of a rail equipment manufacturing and maintenance base in Jinning; continue to promote the construction of a CNC machine tool industry base in Kunming and a CNC machine tool and casting base in Yuxi; and make every effort to build Kunming into the largest shield equipment manufacturing base in Southwest China.
● Accelerate the construction of an electric equipment industrial park in Kunming High-tech Industrial Development Zone, and strive to build an electric machinery and equipment manufacturing industry with a relatively complete industrial chain of hydropower, photovoltaic and biomass power generation, transmission and transformation. Support the construction of an electric power assembly industrial park in Kunming Economic and Technological Development Zone, an industrial park in Huaning, Yuxi and a wind power equipment manufacturing base in Dali Economic and Technological Development Zone. Actively promote LONGi Green Energy Technology Co., Ltd.'s projects in Honghe, Lijiang, Baoshan and Chuxiong to build photovoltaic industry bases.
● Strengthen the national optoelectronic and financial electronic equipment industrial base in Kunming Economic and Technological Development Zone and the germanium industrial base in Kunming High-tech Industrial Development Zone to expand the industrial scale. Promote the construction of electronic product manufacturing bases in Mengzi Economic and Technological Development Zone and Honghe Comprehensive Free Trade Zone; support border areas to make full use of the advantages of location, labor force and power resources, actively introduce leading enterprises in electronic equipment manufacturing, undertake industrial transfer from coastal developed areas, develop electronic equipment manufacturing industry, form cluster development advantages, and vigorously promote the development of mobile phones, integrated circuits, LCD TVs and other electronic equipment manufacturing industries in Honghe Prefecture, Wenshan Prefecture and Dehong Prefecture.
● Build 4-5 agricultural and forestry machinery industrial bases in Kunming, Yuxi, Dali, Qujing, Dehong and other cities and prefectures by relying on the existing agricultural and forestry machinery production enterprises and support key enterprises in setting up agricultural machinery sales outlets at home and abroad and actively carrying out international production capacity cooperation.
● Support Kunming, Qujing, Honghe and other cities and prefectures to actively plan, cultivate and build heavy chemical mining and metallurgy equipment industrial parks.
To follow the strategic positioning of "building Yunnan into center driving the development of South and Southeast Asia" proposed by Chairman Xi Jinping during his visit to Yunnan in 2015, based on advantages of Yunnan, it is to strive to develop vigorously 8 major industries, i.e., biomedical and great health industry, tourism and cultural industry, information industry, logistics industry, modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics, new material industry, advanced equipment manufacturing industry, food and consumer goods manufacturing industry.
In 2017, Yunnan issued the Opinions on Promoting the Development of Major Industries, and is to strengthen and improve traditional pillar industry, promote the development of major industries, accelerate the formation of new industrial cluster, and forge a new engine for provincial economic growth. Yunnan will set aside about 50% of provisions for development of industries subject to provincial financial supporting and all new investment to support the development of major industries in centralized manner. According to the concept of "one fund for one industry", Yunnan will set up funds and introduce social capital for development of major industries.
Major headway has been made in cultivation of eight major industries in Yunnan. "Working plans" for biomedical and great health industry, information industry, new material industry and advanced equipment manufacturing industry, as well as 10 measures for development of modern logistics industry have been provided. The logistics industry has developed rapidly. The information industry, and the food and consumer goods manufacturing industry have become 100 billion-level industries. The iterative industrial system of "traditional industry + pillar industry + emerging industry", aimed at "openness, innovation, high-end orientation, informatization and greening", has been basically formed, injecting great vigor into the smooth and healthy development of economy in Yunnan.
The main operating revenue of major industries has increased significantly. The main operating revenue of biomedical and great health industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 23.3%. The main operating revenue of information industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.2%. The gross revenue of tourism and cultural industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 41.3%. The gross revenue of logistics industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.9%. The total output value of modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics has seen a year-on-year growth of 7.8%. The main operating revenue of new material industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 30%. The main operating revenue of advanced equipment manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 21%. The main operating revenue of food and consumer goods manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 15.9%.