● Accelerate the construction of world heritage tourist areas focusing on Kunming Stone Forest and the Old Town of Lijiang, and national and provincial tourist resorts focusing on Dianchi Lake, Yangzong Lake and Xishuangbanna to attract more international tourists. At the same time, focus on creating a number of national 5A and 4A top-quality tourist spots. Specifically, improve 8 national 5A tourist spots, including Kunming Stone Forest and Kunming World Horticultural Expo Garden, and strive to reach about 100 top-quality tourist spots.
● Build a number of ethnic cultural tourism parks. Specifically, improve a number of ethnic cultural tourist areas such as Yunnan Ethnic Village, and speed up the construction of a number of new ethnic cultural tourist areas such as the Sacred Place of Yi People in Jiaozishan, Kunming and Miao Cultural Tourist Area in Malan, Yongshan.
● Focus on building a number of revolutionary cultural tourist areas such as Weixin (Zhaxi), Kedu Xundian, Jiaopingdu Luquan and Tomb of "December 1" Four Martyrs relying on the Red Army's long march through Yunnan and other revolutionary historical and cultural sites and a number of anti-Japanese cultural tourist areas such as Tengchong Anti-Japanese War Cultural Tourist Area (including memorial cemetery), Longling Songshan Anti-Japanese War Cultural Tourist Area and Nujiang Hump Course Tourist Area relying on the ruins of the battlefield in the fight against the invaders.
● In order to promote the international and high-end development of the province's recreational tourism, improve the 3 national tourist resorts, including Dianchi Lake, Kunming, Yangzong Lake, Kunming, and Xishuangbanna, and vigorously develop Dali, Fuxian Lake, Yuxi, Lugu Lake, Ninglang and other provincial tourist resorts to become national tourist resorts, thus forming a number of national and provincial tourist resorts.
● Focus on building and upgrading a number of hot spring health care resorts such as Anning Hot Spring Health Care Resort and Yangzonghai Bailian Hot Spring Resort based on the consumers' demand for hot spring recuperation, health tourism, health care and old-age care, a number of outdoor sports tourism bases relying on the Xundian Tianhu Island Recreation and Sports Tourism Zone and Dongchuan Wumeng Peak Sports Park and a number of health care and old-age care tourism bases for the young and middle-aged and the elderly. Vigorously develop forest rehabilitation and recuperation products featuring "natural oxygen bar" and "forest recreation bath".
● In terms of characteristic entertainment industry, build and improve a number of cultural theme parks and amusement parks, including Kunming "Famous Ancient Yunnan City" Water Park, Shilin Ice and Snow World, Yunnan Wild Animal Park, Anning Yulongwan Forest Amusement Park, Yunnan Qicai Panda Valley, Taiping Dalian Shengya Ocean Park, Yunnan Circus and Acrobatic Town and Lufeng Changlong Water World Paradise.
● According to the Plan, speed up the construction and improvement of supporting service facilities for Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center, actively promote the construction of convention and exhibition facilities in Dali, Qujing, Yuxi, Chuxiong and other key cities, and strive to build a regional international convention and exhibition business economic circle with Kunming as the center, connecting the southwest of China and facing South Asia and Southeast Asia, to form a grand convention and exhibition business pattern with China-South Asia Expo, China International Travel Mart and other large-scale convention and exhibition centers as the leaders, and integrating all kinds of exhibitions, fairs and international and domestic academic and commercial conferences.
● Build famous sports event brands such as Gryffindor International Bicycle Race, Kunming Plateau Marathon, the "Belt and Road, Colorful Yunnan" International Auto Rally, Yangzonghai International Golf Challenge, Dongchuan Debris Flow Cross-country Race and Kunming-Bangkok Auto Rally.
To follow the strategic positioning of "building Yunnan into center driving the development of South and Southeast Asia" proposed by Chairman Xi Jinping during his visit to Yunnan in 2015, based on advantages of Yunnan, it is to strive to develop vigorously 8 major industries, i.e., biomedical and great health industry, tourism and cultural industry, information industry, logistics industry, modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics, new material industry, advanced equipment manufacturing industry, food and consumer goods manufacturing industry.
In 2017, Yunnan issued the Opinions on Promoting the Development of Major Industries, and is to strengthen and improve traditional pillar industry, promote the development of major industries, accelerate the formation of new industrial cluster, and forge a new engine for provincial economic growth. Yunnan will set aside about 50% of provisions for development of industries subject to provincial financial supporting and all new investment to support the development of major industries in centralized manner. According to the concept of "one fund for one industry", Yunnan will set up funds and introduce social capital for development of major industries.
Major headway has been made in cultivation of eight major industries in Yunnan. "Working plans" for biomedical and great health industry, information industry, new material industry and advanced equipment manufacturing industry, as well as 10 measures for development of modern logistics industry have been provided. The logistics industry has developed rapidly. The information industry, and the food and consumer goods manufacturing industry have become 100 billion-level industries. The iterative industrial system of "traditional industry + pillar industry + emerging industry", aimed at "openness, innovation, high-end orientation, informatization and greening", has been basically formed, injecting great vigor into the smooth and healthy development of economy in Yunnan.
The main operating revenue of major industries has increased significantly. The main operating revenue of biomedical and great health industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 23.3%. The main operating revenue of information industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.2%. The gross revenue of tourism and cultural industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 41.3%. The gross revenue of logistics industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 16.9%. The total output value of modern agricultural industry with plateau characteristics has seen a year-on-year growth of 7.8%. The main operating revenue of new material industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 30%. The main operating revenue of advanced equipment manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 21%. The main operating revenue of food and consumer goods manufacturing industry has seen a year-on-year growth of 15.9%.